No matter how you celebrate this holiday season, all of us at Northern Weldarc Ltd hope that you spend some time with your family, friends, and loved ones!
We will be closed through the holiday break to relax and regroup, and hopefully spend some quality time with our own family and friends.
Every day, we remind or are reminded just how much our loved ones mean to us, whether it’s a phone call, a visit, or doing something special with them. Yet sometimes, in the hustle and bustle of the season, we forget to focus on what is really important. Therefore, stop, look around, take a photo memory of a special time with friends or family, and most importantly, take time for yourself—you are important to those around you too!
During this time of year, there are some of us that may not have family close by, so remember the saying “the more the merrier” and if you are able to invite someone over who is alone this holiday, please do!
The following are a “few” reminders that we encourage you to consider during the holidays……
• Please don’t drive—be it: a car, truck, SUV, skidoo, side by side, sled, quad or even a bike—while under the influence.
• Drive to the road conditions, take your time, or give yourself enough time to not be rushed.
• Think about food safety, which can also mean not leaving food out for long periods of time or ensuring that the bird that’s being cooked is at the right temperature. Turkeys are safe to eat when the temperature reaches 71- 74ºC (160-165ºF).
• Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently!
• Water your live Christmas trees daily (after approximately 14 days trees will start to dry out and become a fire hazard and watering will help to keep this hazard lower).
• Check your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors! Make it a yearly check!
• Ensure lit candles are away from flammable material and are not left ignited in rooms that are not being used or are unsupervised around small children.
• If something can fit through a toilet paper roll, it can be a choking hazard. Therefore, keep hard candies, ornaments, small toys away from children.
• Keep sidewalks and steps shovelled and de-iced to prevent slips and falls.
• When cooking, always ensure that someone is in the kitchen with the cook – no one likes to be in the kitchen alone and fires start when lit stoves are unattended.
• Never try to extinguish a grease fire with water! Keep a lid close by that can be used to cover the pot which will smother the fire should one start.
Whatever you may do, we hope that you spend this festive season healthy and safe.
From our family to yours…..
Seasons Greetings and have a Happy Holiday or…. Merry Christmas! Felice Navidad! Happy Hanukkah! Happy Festivus! Happy Kwanzaa! Merry Pagan Festivals! Happy Pongal! and finally…. Greetings to you on the very auspicious occasion of Guru Gobind Sing Ji’s glorious Jayanti!!
Northern Weldarc Ltd