Happy 50th Anniversary to Us
Our 50th anniversary was this week and we are not only celebrating five decades as a business, but five decades of being part of the Edmonton community. Northern Weldarc was founded on October 28th, 1971 by Allen Holtz, who purchased land at 5316 - 72A Avenue in 1975 for NWL’s flagship shop. His wife, Shirley, worked three jobs until the company stabilized. Their daughter, Gayle, the current president, spent most of her life working at NWL.
Home is where it started for us and our family values influence all aspects of our work - from the way we treat our people to the way we build our products to the way we lead. All of these have impacted the success of Northern Weldarc and our investment in manufacturing the highest standard of quality products.
Our team means so much to us and is an important part of what moves our values to the forefront of everything we do. Full of diversity and knowledge, we are grateful for their loyalty and commitment throughout the years!
5 Fun Facts About The NWL Team:
1) Our longest employee retired after 31 years with NWL.
2) Our oldest employee is 74 years old and a Journeyman Welder. He is also the greatest mentor to our staff!
3) Our Project Manager was born and raised in Tanzania, speaks seven languages, and has a PhD in Structural Engineering with a Masters in Construction Management.
4) We currently have Copper, the 125 lb company mascot, who is a Great Pyrenees cross.
5) Our Office Manager was born in Greece, has lived in Singapore, Australia, and New Zealand and Indonesia, and has her Supply Chain Management Profession.
We here at Northern Weldarc are proud to excel in our industry, and we would love to work with you on your project. For high-quality workmanship and on-time delivery, make it Northern Weldarc. Get in touch today.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, or leave a Google review.