Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate love! And we all have our loves—be it our children, spouse, parents, friends, or pets. On this day, we also celebrate the friendships that we have here at Northern Weldarc Ltd. Creating bonds with our co-workers is such an important part of our careers. If you think about it, we spend most of the week with our colleagues—that’s a lot of hours—with some of us lucky enough to build friendships which go on for years.
Our Core Values at Northern Weldarc Ltd. are completely different from most companies, because of the culture and relationships we have with each other. We are a family-run business with family values, where we remember our roots and invest in our staff to ensure that we continually grow. Today, we have four different generations of people working with us—the Baby Boomers, Generation X, Millennials, and Centennials/Gen Z. We also have had three generations of family working here over the years, as well as extended family. In fact, some of our employees have their own children now working with us!
With Family Day only a week away—February 21st—we are looking forward to taking the day to spend with our families.
We asked our employees why family is important to the:
- “Family brings out things in you that you never would have seen or did without them. Can have a bad day and then seeing your kids when you get home makes it worthwhile. They mean a lot and are basically everything.”
- “Family is always there for you.”
- “We work safely, because our family relies on us and I need to go home to my kid—he needs me.”
- “They are the binding… they will always be there for you and bind us together.”
- “They are the reason that I am the person I am today—they shape you.”
- “As much as they frustrate us or we frustrate them, they will always be there for you.”
- “They are there for you and always will be, and some friends are like family.”
- “Because it is important, they are our children.”
So, who are we?
We are an extended family who cares and supports one another everyday. Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day and a happy Family Day next week!