The Allen Holtz Safety Award was established in 2018 in remembrance of the founder of Northern Weldarc. Allen Holtz started this company in 1971 and started the Health and Safety Program in the early 1980’s as well as joined the Manufactures Health and Safety Association.
Allen passed away on October 5th, 2016.
To recognize the contributions that this employee(s) makes in fostering a culture of Health, Safety, and the Environment as well as Quality in the Workplace.
One award will be given annually in memory of Allen Holtz and the ongoing commitment to health and safety that he fostered into the culture here at Northern Weldarc Ltd. All essential criteria must be met in order to be eligible for an award.
This award is given on an annual basis, to the employee who is showing positives in the health and safety culture on a continual basis and is doing what is right and showing the values of the organization in their day-to-day work.
• Demonstrated commitment to health, safety and the environment as well as quality in the workplace at Northern Weldarc Ltd. The commitment shown goes beyond the requirements of the employee’s role, which is continually proactive and preventative.
• Works towards continuous improvement of health, safety and the environment in the workplace. For example, activities/actions taken to prevent injuries or illnesses, prevention of unsafe conditions or practices, coaching new workers and coworkers in doing the right thing.
• Promote a work and service environment that is safe, respectful, collegial and supportive to co-workers, contractors, supervisors and management
• Encourages the safe production which plays big role in meeting the criteria. This induvial would have to stand out to meet deadline and respect for all.
• Demonstrated commitment to health and safety in the workplace. Commitment goes beyond the requirements of the employee(s) role, it is proactive and preventative
• Works towards continuous improvement of health and safety in the workplace. For example activities/actions taken to prevent injuries or illnesses, prevention of unsafe conditions or practices.
2018: Rodel Attunes
2019: Adam Higgins
2020: Harris Kim
Congratulations to Harris, and thank you for contributing to our culture of safety and excellence!