In celebration of our upcoming 50th anniversary, we’ve prepared a list of fifty facts about NWL: our past, present, and future; our staff and leadership; our work; the steel industry; and lots of other fun and interesting facts. Come back to our blog every month to read more facts about Northern Alberta’s best structural steel production company: Northern Weldarc LTD.
1. Northern Weldarc was founded on the 28th day of October, 1971 by Allen Holtz.
2. When Allen started Northern Weldarc, his wife Shirley held down three jobs to support their family until the newly-formed company was stable and self-sustaining.
3. Our first location was a one-bay shop just off Argyll Road and 87 Avenue in Edmonton.
4. In June of 1975, Allen and Shirley purchased land at 5316-72 A. Ave for $60,000.00. It was 1.04 acres.
5. That same year, construction began on a 7000 square foot shop. Allen built it himself with the help of staff and some selfless weekend and evening help friends and family.
6. In 2001, we moved to our new (and current) facilities; 141 Strathmoor Way in Sherwood Park.
7. On average, we burn approximately 42,000 pounds of wire per year.
8. We custom built bleachers for the Canadian Bull Congress.
9. We ship approximately 7000 tons of fabricated steel per year.
10. Northern Weldarc is proud of the fact that they have a reputation for very few (if any) NCR’s on their projects!
And the most important fact of all? We here at Northern Weldarc are proud to excel in our industry, and we would love to work with you on your project. For high-quality workmanship and on-time delivery, make it Northern Weldarc LTD. Get in touch today. We look forward to hearing from you!